There are times when I just want to find information and just do not know where to start. Here's a piece of advice I would like to share with you. Try to stick to the physical sources of information like books, newspapers, journals and so on. However, I understand sometimes you have no choice but to turn to the internet to help you.The world wide web as the name proclaims is very wide! Everything is at a click of a button. Then again you start to wonder, can this website really be trusted?
Honestly, ever since I stepped foot into university, I have improved a lot in finding sources of information. So to those who are still in school or those of you who still does not know where to turn to when it comes to finding information online, here are some places I search for information myself.
![]() |
| The start page of the application on computers. |
![]() |
| Logo of StumbleUpon |
So first of all, I would like to introduce to you the world of StumbleUpon. The logo is as shown on the left side above. StumbleUpon is basically a website with many websites in it. You can add friends, like pages, share pages, and even add pages to a list that you may create on your own. StumbleUpon has many different genres to choose from. Perhaps you want to improve your writing academically, you could put a tick on the Academic writing genre so that StumbleUpon can filter the pages down to the particular genre. There is a lot of things you can learn from this website. This is my personal favourite because it is not only interesting to stumble into something but at the same time gain information about things I would have never known before. I am very grateful to my friend for introducing this website to me. Ever since I have never stopped using it.
Second page I would like to share is Google scholar. Google scholar provides articles and journals that were written for informational purposes. Most of the information you find there can be trusted. For us university students, it is important for us to site where we take information from. So, I use this to ensure that I get valid information that can be accepted in university. Well of course, in the university I am in, I can always use other websites as my university is subscribed to it but for those of you who do not get that privilege, you are most welcomed to use this one.
Next, Youtube for EDU. This is a fun, interactive way of learning. It applies audio visual learning. I remember more through watching videos like this. The good thing about Youtube for Edu is that the videos are short. Hence, it allows you to absorb information without being too overwhelmed because there is too much information to remember.
![]() |
| Khan Academy logo. |
Back in school, I had to do a lot of presentations. I used to use only Microsoft PowerPoint to do my presentations. Then, I came to university and learned that there are literally so many presentation software we could use to spice up our presentation a little. If you school or place you are studying has internet facility in classrooms, I suggest you use these presentation softwares. For example, Prezi, Slidebomb, Powtoon and so many more.
I hope to have shared knowledge for those of you who are a bit lost. There are a few places I search for information. Hopefully, you manage to find what you need too.



No comments:
Post a Comment