Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Music for the soul.

What can I say about music? To me it is art. It takes me into another world especially if it was produced well. I love A Capella music as well as instrumentals. There are certain music that calm you while there are others that makes you stressed up. It really depends on your preferences on how a particular music can effect you. An example of music I particularly love:


Hope it brought back memories of the past. Anyway, I think music works like magic. It could do miracles. It could lift your mood. It could even make you sad. A study was done to prove that music can actually cure illnesses better. For example, music therapy is used to help cancer patients.

Being a pianist myself, I know how music can effect a person. When I am very upset over something, I tend to turn to my piano. I start playing the piano to calm me down. Believe it or not it actually works. I too initially didn't believe that it could do anything towards my mood. Over time, I realized that every time I did turn to the piano, I actually felt better.

Lately I have been listening to songs or music by Berklee College of Music on Youtube. The legendary A.R. Rahman received is honourary doctorate from the college. This is one of the song he had collaborated in is this video on the side.

Music keeps me together. I use music while I study as well. Here's a random fact: If you cannot concentrate on what you are studying, listen to song that they play in video games. Songs that are used in games actually cause you to want to concentrate more on the game. Hence, if you put it for a better purpose, you could use it while you are studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment