We've all had those downsides. You would think that no one would be able to understand how you feel unless they were in your shoes. I've been in that place before. It comes to a point where you feel that you are not worth much to the eyes of the community and the people you love. Well I may not know who you are reading this but I can tell you this. You are worth all the blessings in the world. You are not useless. You are destined for a lot of good things. Try to reach goodness. Believe that you can get to that place.
Let me tell you a story, I've known someone who had a broken family, doesn't talk to her dad, her closest friends went against her and her mother lets our all her frustration towards this one girl. Oh, forgot to mention that she was the only child. She thought that no one would be bothered even if she was longer in the world anymore. She tried committing suicide multiple number times but she failed. Believe me, it takes a lot of guts to actually commit suicide. She was not brave enough to take away the only life she had. Anyone can say they are caged and living in darkness. Once, even she did. However, it came to a point where she tried yet again to take away her life then she asked herself, "Why should I show people that I'm afraid of the life they put me into? Why should I give in so easily?" The question that mostly affected her was, "What if I my fate or the life destined for me was a lot greater than I thought it would be but I would not be alive anymore to live it?" So, she had hope in herself. She always remembered that no matter how much she thinks she is suffering, there are others who are in a worse situation than her. She always remembers that she has a long way to go. That girl was actually once me.
Well you see I realized that most of us humans, we tend to take the things we have for granted. We are actually quite lucky that we have a lot of things that some people could just dream of having and that includes basic needs. The hunger statistics shows that 795 million people are unable to provide themselves with sufficient amount of food. Now, lets snap back into our world. We have enough nutrients to feed ourselves with and on top of that we waste the food we take. We live under the roofs of comfortable homes but what about those who are abandoned in the streets or even those who share a room which barely allows them to be able to walk. I think we should be grateful for the things we have. I definitely am now.
When you feel like giving up always remember this, no one can make you feel intimidated unless you allow others to make you feel that way. No one can change you but yourself. There is always a path for you for a better and brighter tomorrow. Just get up and stand strong. I believe you will get there some day. If you need more motivation, you could watch videos in TED or even from Youtube from people like Nick Vujicic.
No comments:
Post a Comment