Thursday, September 17, 2015

The times when us 90s kids were still in school.

I am a kid or better known as teenager who was born in the year 1996. Us 90s people have a lot of  fond memories back in school. I'm 19 now and yet I still talk about school among friends. We really do miss school. We talk about how the Monday assemblies were such a boring thing for us. Then, we would talk about when we used to go home early on Friday's. The best part is the games and things we used to do during recess and in class.  I guess we have a lot in common that maybe the era the younger generation live in these days no longer practice.

Kids playing the game.
In the top of the list would be the game 'tiang-tiang' or at least I used to call it that back in school. The way to play this game is there will be one person who catches or steals a pole. The rest of us would have to exchange poles with our friends without getting caught or having the catcher take our pole. I think when I was younger, this was our favourite game we used to play during recess. The unity we managed to create among our friends merely for a game was amazing.Not forgetting, it was the only other game we could play without us having to be caught by the teachers for running around the school.

The pepsi-cola game.
Next would be the 'Pepsi-Cola'. The game is played by standing in a circle and each person will take turn to step on the next person's leg. The person who got stepped would be eliminated from the game. To decide the first person to start the game, we would sing many types of songs such as:
  •  "Inky, pinky, ponky. Father had a donkey. Donkey dies, father cries. Inky, pinky, ponky."
  • "Pepsi-cola. Ice cream soda. Who will be number one?"
  • "Eenie, meeny, miney, mo. Custard baby on the floor. Which one will I choose? Innie, minnie, miny, mo. Custard baby on the floor." 
There were many more songs depending on the schools.

The possibly painful game of our version of Scissors, Paper, Stone.
Besides that, we used to play a different version of the scissors, paper, stone. Most of us would call it 'Ozom' or 'One, two, jus'. In the game we play, it is not only scissors, paper, and stone. We also play with the inclusion of bird and water.  There is a catch however. The person who looses has to stretch their leg front while the winner moves one leg back.





Hand scribbled on
The one habit we definitely have in our schooling days was doodling. No matter how much of paper you put in front of us, we would still doodle on the table or even on our friend's hand. We all somehow done some kind of vandalism back in the day. I guess the mischievous
us is revealed now. It is funny how henna is also drawings on your hands. I have attempted to do henna using pen before on my friend's hand back when I was still schooling. That did not end well I would have to say but these are all fond memories I will definitely laugh to some day.








I could go on and on about the things we used to play in school but I guess I should put I stop to it. If there was still more that you want to know about the things us 90s born used to do then here is a video for you. The video below I think relates to what I used to do when I was in school.You could type 'My Generasi' on Youtube for more videos like this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment